frequently asked questions
- you may be wondering…
Below are some frequently asked questions and answers to help with any queries you may have regarding Glam Camping at Castaways Resort. If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, please contact our Reservations Team on (09) 236-5041.
WHAT TIME IS CHECK IN/CHECK OUT?
Check in/out is at Castaways Resort reception, which is well signposted at the entrance of the resort.
- Check in is after 3pm on the day of arrival and before dark*
- Check out is before 10am on the day of departure.
*Please note: You must check in at Castaways Resort before 5.00pm. The golf carts you'll be given to transport you to the tent site can't be driven in the dark due to safety reasons. For safety reasons you will be unable to access your Glam Camp site if you arrive after this time.
ACCESS & PARKING
After checking in, you'll be shown where to park your car, and given an electric golf cart and a map to make the easy 10 minute journey up to your tent.
BED & LINEN
The tents sleep a maximum of two, in a luxurious king-sized bed with hotel quality linen, bedding and towels all provided.
Castaways Resorts glam camps are off-the-grid, and all power is supplied via solar panels and gas.
- The tent ensuites have a pleasant to use odourless composting toilet, sink, and a hot shower.
- Cooking for your fully provided meals is done on a gas BBQ.
- Food is stored in the solar powered fridge and will be fully stocked when you arrive.
- The glam camps are heated so it's warm and cosy all year round.
- Lighting works in the tents just like at home - flick the switch!
- Mobile phone reception is 100m up the hill behind the glam camps for the Coastal glam camps, and onsite for the Tree Tent. There is no WIFI at the glam camps.
WHAT TO BRING
- Warm clothes to sit outside and enjoy the view.
- For 2-Night Ultimate Relaxation Package guests: If you've elected to get to the tree tent via electric bike, water bottles, bike helmets, and safety vests are provided, but don't forget to bring sensible biking shoes, sunscreen and a raincoat.
- Cancellation within 7 -3 days of your reservation date will result in 50% of the total cost of your stay being charged.
- Cancellation within 48 hours of your reservation date will result in 100% of the total cost of your stay being charged.
Payment for booking must be made in full at the time of booking or on arrival.
All reservations paid for by credit card will attract a 2.5% surcharge. American Express Credit Cards attract a 4% surcharge.